Saturday, May 14, 2011

LIttle Miss

Little Miss checkered dress, Little Miss one big mess
Little Miss I'll take less when I always give so much more
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It'll be alright again

This is my Sarah song. My beautiful Sarah who is a wonderful, different personality every different day. She tries on different clothes, hair, make-up, personas, depending on her mood. Always changing.

Little Miss down on love, Little Miss I give up

She will get overwhelmed and announce "I give up". But she always bounces back. Always. She has more strength and perseverance than most people I know. More smarts. More stamina. And she's overcome a lot more than most. She'll be able to get through anything life throws at her.

Little Miss do your best, Little Miss never rest
Little Miss be my guest, I'll make more anytime that it runs out
Little Miss you'll go far, Little Miss hide your scars
Little Miss who you are is so much more than you like to talk about

She's quiet, private, but has more substance than most people realize. She's got a quick wit, and I love when it surfaces. She's got a lot of talent too - more than she gives herself credit for. She can think things and create things that most people can't even imagine how to do.

Little Miss brand new start, Little Miss do your part
Little Miss big 'ole heart beats wide open and she's ready now for love

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright
Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win
It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It'll be alright again

She's starting over right now. I'm happy for her. And excited to see where she lands. And enjoying this time with her right now. And every time I hear this song, I think of all the different Little Miss moods Sarah is. I have always thought of her as a butterfly. Mariposa. Papillon. Butterfly. Someday I will add a tattoo on my leg for her -- a butterfly that she has designed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment