Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is my 50th birthday. I remember asking my mom how it felt to be half a century old. She wasn't impressed with the question. Last night my friend, Mary, gave me a card that said "Half way to a century - impressive!" That's karma I guess. There's a song written by Phil Vassar and released by Tim McGraw called "My Next Thirty Years." I could just as easily substitute fifty for thirty...

I think I'll take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era, the turning of a page

Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next fifty years.

So how did I decide to spend my 50th birthday? With people who mean the most to me. All three of my girls came home yesterday and I cooked my favorite dinner. Mary and her family joined us for cake and ice cream. Today I will spend time with two of my aunts. I love them both and don't see them often enough. I can't think of a better way to spend my day--to laugh with people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment